About the Opportunity
- Take ownership of full cycle accounting activities, adhering to ASPE and IFRS accounting standards. This includes:
- Monthly securitization journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to ensure its integrity.
- Reconciliation of clearing accounts and resolve issues and variances.
- Preparation of Financial statements and note disclosures.
- Conduct thorough reviews of monthly reports on defaults, delinquencies, and prepayments, of securitized portfolio and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Review Servicer/Funder reports for the securitized portfolio, prepare insightful analytics.
- Prepare tranches for securitization, coordinate and communicate effectively with Funders and internal stakeholders to facilitate successful closing of tranches.
- Lead a high-performing team, fostering a collaborative environment and sharing best practices, industry trends, and process improvements.
- Take the lead in finance transformation and automation initiatives, serving as the key contact for external consultants and working closely with them to drive improvements, streamline processes, and implement automation and efficiency enhancement initiatives.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and reports for executives, providing valuable insights and strategic recommendations to support informed decision-making.
- Provide support during annual audits and funders’ site audits by preparing and maintaining schedules and proactively resolving issues for a positive outcome.
- Undertake various other projects, duties, and tasks as assigned from time to time.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the financial services field or related industry.
- Full cycle accounting experience and good working knowledge of ASPE and IFRS.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading and cultivating high-performing teams.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with Sage 300 ERP or similar accounting software.
- Proven track record in securitization reporting will be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving a high degree of accuracy within a fast-paced environment, maintaining meticulous attention to detail while effectively managing competing priorities.
- Positive and results-oriented mindset, consistently seeking opportunities for improvement and demonstrating a proactive approach to meeting and exceeding targets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, adept at identifying and resolving complex issues, leveraging critical thinking and data-driven insights to drive informed decision-making.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #382435.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.