About the Company
Our client is a global real estate asset manager. They are looking for a Finance Manager. The role will manage one SFA and will oversee some FP&A, investment accounting, assisting with the purchase and disposition of assets, ad hoc projects, and reporting.
Why Work Here
- Total compensation plan is best on the market
- World class asset management company
- Excellent room for growth very quickly
About the Opportunity
- Onboarding and offboarding investments – including review of organizational structures, review of fund flow in close coordination with tax, open bank accounts, review loan agreements, review cash management agreements, review closing statements, purchase price allocations, onboard third-party property managers, etc.
- Prepare/review various financial information and analytics to ensure accuracy of reporting as well as optimal performance
- Prepare/review materials for valuation meeting, board meeting and quarterly results meeting
- Prepare/review financial and management reporting, including preparing and analyzing return goals (IRR, MOC, TWR)
- Ensure lender compliance, REIT compliance, statutory compliance, governance & control testing, etc.
- Prepare/review investor capital calls and distributions
- Reporting – Fund reporting, investment property reporting and internal management reporting
- Prepare/review financial statements and investor reporting prepared in accordance with US GAAP – Investment Company Accounting and IFRS
- Prepare/review quarterly reporting deliverables, including board meeting materials
- Manage the external audit and tax reporting process with big 4 firms
- Financial, Planning & Analysis
- Review valuation models
- Work with asset management team to develop an annual budget as well as a 5-year business plan
- Assist with regular forecasting/reforecasting and related analytics
- Monitor liquidity and assess capital needs for the business
- Support value-add initiatives
- Assist with process & system enhancements with focus on scalability for future growth and improving efficiency. Including acting as the key finance liaison and training staff and third-party accounting teams
- Assist as needed with due diligence related to refinancing, dispositions, development and re-development
- Liaise with tax consultant, as necessary for real estate tax reassessment and appeals
- Assist with setting up an ‘Individual Development Plan’ for a team of finance professionals to help them with necessary skills and technical knowledge required to expedite their growth into leadership roles.
- Manage documentation of FinOps & reporting processes, procedures, and controls
- Analyze sector to sector procedural inconsistencies, provide recommendations for improvement & feedback for team member development
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years of progressive work experience with a mix of public accounting and industry experience
- IFRS and US GAAP experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in accounting / consolidation systems (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, Yardi, JD Edwards, Hyperion, OneStream, etc.) and adaptability with learning new applications
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 339382
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.