About the Company
Our client is a global trade management company. They are currently looking for a Finance Manager. This role includes managing the monthly financial close process, continuous improvement initiatives, overseeing and compliance with emerging standards and regulatory requirements, assistance in timely preparation of external financial statements, quarterly reporting deliverables, technical accounting memos, ad-hoc projects and the training and developing of staff.
Why Work Here
- High visibility, high cross- collaboration with senior leaders
- Definite room for growth and promotion
- Excellent Employee Reward System
About the Opportunity
- Managing the monthly financial close process, including the review of journal entries and account reconciliations, balance sheet analytics, review of financial statements inputs, assistance in the review of results compared to budget and forecast and coordination and collaboration with the FP&A team business leads.
- Managing the month-end financial close process continuous improvements project aimed at improving documentation, timelines and overall quality of the close.
- Generate financial schedules and analyses on key subjects to assist the finance management team with the planning and strategic decision-making process and other finance teams on an ad hoc basis.
- Lead and/or participate in finance projects, which may include managing the project life cycle and ensuring project goals, timelines and budget are met; or participate as a team member; or guide and support project team members to meet project goals and timelines.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures to improve or streamline processes in accordance with internal controls.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, as well as other professional service providers. Respond to inquiries and provide information and reports as requested / follow up with staff to ensure timely delivery of requests.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues and problems escalated by staff.
- Manage 2-4 direct reports
- Lead, motivate and mentor team members.
- Plan and assign tasks to staff.
- Evaluate and complete individual performance evaluations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- 1+ years in a manager role with direct reports
- Combined industry/public practice experience considered an asset
- Strong complex technical accounting experience (US GAAP and/or IFRS).
Up to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #329750.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.