About the Company
Our client is a not-for-profit seniors’ community. They are looking for a Finance Manager who will will provide leadership to all managers and staff of The Company in matters of finance and fiscal management.
Why Work Here
- Work for a prestigious organization and make a real impact at an organization that is Toronto’s largest not-for-profit seniors’ community
About the Opportunity
- Goals and objectives for the department and all included services are developed, implemented, monitored and communicated to appropriate members of staff as required. Every service and area within the portfolio have written and published goals, objectives and plans of action to ensure success for the fiscal year.
- The fundamental principles of quality improvement are continuously applied to ensure customer needs and expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Prepares financial reports and documents in a timely and accurate manner and in a format that supports sound decision making within the organization. Financial statements are submitted within established time frames in a manner and format in keeping with sound accounting practices.
- Oversees the financial obligations of the organization in a manner that meets and/or exceeds established standards and reflects best practice in the field.
- Ensures ongoing financial viability of the organization and brings to the Director, Corporate Services’ attention areas of concerns in a timely manner with recommendations for viable solutions.
- Identify potential risks and develop plans to manage and mitigate/minimize each risk.
- Ensures that the company meets its financial obligations to staff, funders and government bodies in a timely manner and in keeping with all relevant legislation, contracts and support agreements.
- The implementation, evaluation, monitoring and adjustment of the finance system to meet the needs of the organization.
- Implement at least one process improvement project annually with evidence of enhanced service and effective use of available resources.
- Acts as a resource to other members of the management team in matters of finance and fiscal management.
- Recruits, hires, orients, develops, maintains, mentors and leads the finance team.
- Fills 100% of positions within the department with candidates meeting the performance expectations as set.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are in place and are applied in a manner that clearly outlines and supports accreditation and the company’s standards and existing legislation.
- Evidence of teamwork exists and is demonstrated by collaborative approaches to problem solving and innovative solutions to identified issues and concerns.
- Submits reports to appropriate government and legislative agencies as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complies with and supports all internal and external audits.
- All service provided within the department meet budgetary restrictions. Variations are supported with appropriate documentation and arguments.
- Prepares a monthly written report to the Director, Corporate Services that overviews recent activities and outlines plans for the coming timeframe. The details and depth of this report to be determined by the Director, Corporate Services based on organizational needs.
- Brings a report to the Director, Corporate Services from all outside activities and/or engagements.
- Supports a team approach to leadership by cooperating and collaborating with other members of the management team.
- 5-7 years previous accounting and financial management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel).
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #324862.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.