About the Company
Our client is a well-established NPO looking to add a Finance Manager to their team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager is a key resource on the team who will be responsible for Strategy, Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis and Accounting duties.
Why Work Here
- Close and collaborative team
- Company anticipates continued growth
- Opportunity for promoting from within / growth potential
- Each person has a dedicated region to support
About the Opportunity
- Accountable for the adherence to all Accounting and standard business practices as well as ensuring that all relevant legislation is effectively applied
- Assesses the Regions and Central Administration performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy and identifies areas of inconsistencies, making appropriate recommendations.
- Engage the appropriate Finance team members around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery
- Prepare various analyses and reports required by regional/corporate development efforts.
- Prepare and maintain financial planning reports including operating budgets, capital budgets, cash flow forecasts and surplus and deficit reports, working closely with the Regional Executive Director (RED)
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual submissions to the Ministries that support the organization
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to activities, models and reports to provide insights into
- Complete asset management activities such as vehicle logs and related reporting
- Complete all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- Experience in, or knowledge of, nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting and compliance and reporting is an asset
$54,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28693.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.