About the Company
Our client is the captive finance arm of one of the world’s leading commercial transport solutions provider. They are looking for a Finance Director who will be managing and overseeing the finance and accounting function for the Company’s Canadian business.
Why Work Here
- Diverse, supportive, and encouraging environment
- Opportunity for professional development and growth within the organization. Will be a key business partner for the company globally.
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation package – all encompassing
- Flexible work environment that allows for remote work 50% of the time.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the financial management of the company to ensure the company meets profitability and ROE requirements
- Responsible for all management reporting measuring the performance of the business including profitability, risk management, pricing, volume, treasury and funding, expense control and reserve analysis
- Manage the performance of the Canadian portfolio and ensure compliance with risk management policies and guidelines
- Responsible for the production of strategic plans, including, annual and rolling forecasts, expenses, volume forecasts, and funding plans
- Evaluate and recommend business strategies for consideration by the Managing Director and VFS Regional management, as needed.
- Responsible for managing general accounting personnel and functions and maintaining appropriate controls
- Identify opportunities and implement recommendations for improving financial and operational controls and procedures
- Participate in managing the relationship with tax authorities and development of effective and optimized tax strategies
- Ensure compliance with (IFRS), local statutory , tax and government regulatory requirements
- Maintain and coordinate and steer external audit relationship.
- Responsible for Pricing Committee and active member of Credit Committees
- Responsible for pricing policies and targeting required ROE
- Assist in negotiating and structuring large and/or complex finance transactions for customers and participate in the development of product pricing and services
- Responsible for all funding related activities together with VFS management and Treasury, including the development and implementation of complex financial strategies and transactions in the areas of liability and financial risk management
- Responsible for execution of Capital Markets strategies, including relationship with investors.
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 8 to 10 years progressive financial management experience in a company of comparable size and complexity
- Experience in a large, global, and international company an asset
- Strong people management/ leadership experience a must.
- A wide range of financial, accounting and taxes knowledge
- Financial services industry experience experience, particularly leasing, credit underwriting, and portfolio management, as well as extensive general business knowledge including finance, accounting, marketing, sales, and operations
$170,000 - $200,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 326216.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.