About the Opportunity
- Perform month-end reconciliations on a timely basis to comply with monthly and quarterly reporting timelines
- Analyze financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis to assess reasonability and fluctuations of the company’s investments and income
- Prepare detailed month-end and year-end working papers with appropriate analysis and supporting documentation for financial reporting and audit purposes
- Timely preparation and submission of all the regulatory investment reports (e.g. BMA, Solvency II)
- Assist in the year-end audits by providing information requested and responding to questions from external auditors
- Assist with the preparation of complex financial statements disclosure notes as they relate to investments, including assessing the impact and application of any new accounting policies
- Perform the impairment analysis on the Group’s investments, as needed which includes coordinating the valuation of assets including real estate/property
- Assist with the implementation of IFRS 9 and 17
- Assist with operational due diligence tasks and update process documentation
- Investigate and resolve ad hoc issues as they arise
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks and work on special projects, as assigned
- CPA or equivalent (international designations are welcomed) is an asset.
- 2-5+ years of post-qualification work experience in Accounting, Audit or Finance in the insurance and asset management industries
- Working knowledge of IFRS 9 would be an asset
- Hands-on experience in Great Plains and Prophix would be an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #338115.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.