About the Company
Our client is an academic and research hospital. They are looking for a Finance Business Manager who works with the Senior and Program Management to oversee effective financial management for an assigned portfolio.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Leading healthcare provider in the GTA
- Collaborative working culture
- Great work life balance
- The incumbent must use financial and accounting management policies and practices, complex financial analysis, best practices, benchmarking, and risk management, in order to successfully support and guide their client group.
- The Manager is able to independently develop an approach for new and complex financial analysis to support decision-making.
- The Manager provides expert advice and guidance regarding financial concepts, processes and policies as well as interpretation and compliance with Ministry/Ontario Health funding agreements.
- The position provides training and updates on various financial matters and supports management in financial accountability and performance so that the hospital can achieve its strategic vision and mission.
- The position leads a number of processes related to monitoring, reporting and management of hospital revenues and expenses, i.e. providing data to understand variances, quantifying funding impacts, business cases and funding proposal compilation, funding inquiries with Ontario Health, etc. to support sustainable financial management of the organization.
- The position is accountable for contributing to an effective financial environment for their assigned portfolio, including the identification and escalation of financial risks and opportunities.
- The Manager addresses financial questions from both internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner, often liaising and reporting directly to the Ministry/Ontario Health where appropriate; This includes research, preparation and management of complex financial analysis, benchmarking, funding proposals as well as providing guidance and support around financial processes and policies.
- This position organizes and participates on a number of Hospital and/or Ministry/Ontario Health committees.
- This position provides informal guidance and support to the Senior Financial Analyst’s, Financial Analyst’s and/or Junior Financial Analyst’s.
- The Manager is regularly consulted by others within the Finance Portfolio, for example, Decision Support and Corporate Accounting regarding complex financial initiatives and reporting as well as other corporate and clinical departments i.e. Human Resources, Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Pharmacy.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or equivalent work experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or any other related field required
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 382244
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.