About the Opportunity
- Long Term Planning / Annual Budgeting:
- Support the development of an enhanced annual financial planning/budgeting model that is clear on business drivers, simple to navigate, and reflects the economic management of the business.
- Be a key player in the long-term multi-year planning process including setting financial goals and expense targets for business partners while establishing financial planning workflows and timelines.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to develop thorough knowledge of all plans and consolidate financial projections.
- Support Senior Management by providing scenarios and analyses to make decisions throughout the planning process.
- Assist in preparing Executive level presentations and support materials
- P&L Forecasting/Business Analysis:
- Assist with development and management of the forecast process and assist in preparing internal financial reporting and supporting analyses for business partners and Senior Management.
- Engage with business partners across the organization to understand and explain all substantial forecast changes
- Proactively develop new, and enhance existing, reporting tools to provide Senior Management with more insight into the business and to enable timely, informed decision making.
- Special Assignments:
- Prepares ad-hoc analysis’ to support informed business decisions
- Improves and automates processes to scale company's growth.
- Partner with the Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely data.
- Post secondary degree with a focus on business (Accounting, Finance, or Economics)
- Enrollment in a professional accounting program (CPA) or indication as a career goal
- 1-2 years of experience working in a finance department with experience in financial analysis, budgeting and/or financial planning
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and IFRS;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- High level of confidence and results oriented with ability to set realistic and attainable goals and meet those on time;
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills including regular use of functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
$65,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #391102.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.