About the Opportunity
- Assist in the analysis of the site's operating results, reviews of raw materials and various other operating expenses ensuring the accuracy of data and reports
- Generate weekly site variance reports and KPIs
- Preparation of Joint Venture activities and supporting documents and schedules
- Assist in creation, maintenance of BOMs and periodic review of BOMs to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Participate in physical inventory counts, assisting in review of physical adjustments and recounts as needed
- Perform financial and inventory audits as directed by Site Controller or designate and follow -up on investigation and resolution of discrepancies
- Follow-up and ensuring weekly physical cycle counts are performed, investigated, and reconciled as per policy
- Quarterly review of labor and overhead, STD cost of raw materials, other supplies and related PPV to identify and flag any unexpected variances
- Quarterly review of OPs run rates, head counts, identifying any changes and reporting to site and BOM FA for of loaded costs in operating system
- Support in reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions, direct and indirect labor, direct material and subcontract costs, and other overhead costs incurred
- Assist in site budgeting and rolling forecast as needed
- Assist in review of GL account transaction, identify issues, errors and suggest appropriate actions
- Assist in preparing correcting journal entries and month-end close journals
- Assist in timely month end and year end close and reporting
- Support on various accounting and finance projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent finance degree, accounting designation (CPA, CMA or CGA) or working toward one is considered a strong asset.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Team player and excellent communicator.
- Proficiency on NAV, MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
- A keen learner and a resource for well-informed business recommendations and ideas.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner
$60,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29414.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.