Working as a member of the Information Technology team focused on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations (D365 F&O), the enterprise resource planning software developer primarily provides multi-tier development and support for ERP systems while understanding business requirements. The software developer is required to design, implement, provide accurate deadlines for assigned projects, and mentor colleagues.
- Design, develop, upgrade, and implement Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations and Lasernet Reporting systems and enhancements
- Required to manage and coordinate multiple projects at once while being accountable for meeting deadlines
- Test and debug all software thoroughly prior to assigning to Business Support team
- Provide support for all new and existing ERP and related systems including evaluating and installing upgrades for add-ons such as Sycor Rental, Arbela, Lasernet, Vertex, and data warehouse.
- Develop understanding of business requirements for programs being developed or enhanced
- Review and audit code written by other developers to ensure code meets requirements
- Identify problems to be aware of to aid other developers, improving productivity
- Required to remain current with cutting edge development techniques and best practices
- Required to remain current with software versions currently being used
- Update software documentation and provide well written guides for end users
- Contact vendors and outside resources as required for support
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Team Player: Must be able to communicate and work with other IS team members.
- Relationship Building: Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Decision Making: Must be able to work independently while making decisions based on company policies and objectives.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to proactively and methodically deal with conflicting goals and challenging situations.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Software Development/IT
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O Certification considered an asset
- 3+ years of software development experience in ERP systems. Microsoft AX and/or Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations platforms are considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Excels in Microsoft Dynamics Finance & Operations and its native development X++ language, C#, .NET framework, Microsoft Lifecycle Services, Microsoft DevOps
- Working knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server, OData, continuous delivery, SSRS
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to continuously upgrade skills to adapt new technology and software requirements
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to document issues and suggest solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects, meets deadlines, and creatively solves problems
- Ability to work closely with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills over wide variety of media