About the Company
Our client provides investment services, and they are looking to hire an Enterprise Infrastructure Architect.
About the Opportunity
- The role is responsible for creating the strategic enterprise infrastructure architecture and will define the principles, standards, patterns, roadmaps and guidelines and deployment of infrastructure technology within the organization
- From a business and technology perspective the role is responsible for policies, processes, and procedures of technology governance through assessment of evolution of architecture
- This role will mostly deal with (80%) endpoint computing (desktop), server and cloud architecture (20% of cloud projects)
- The client acquires a lot of companies, so this position will often deal with amalgamating other environments into the client infrastructure
- This role is fully hands-off – all architecture, solutioning and projects, driving technology, won’t be responsible for cloud migration, mainly in charge of approvals, reviewing, and final approval of architectural solutions (Standards and patterns on already built systems) working with other teams, mostly datacenters, windows, Redhat, AX, will handle on prem solutions, processes and purchases related to infrastructure.
- Some upcoming projects:
- Snowflake Deployment
- Teams Voice (PSTN Calling)
- Duo Beyond Implementation
- Backup and Recovery Redesign
- On-Prem HA Redesign
- Cisco DNA Deployment
- Dynatrace Expansion
- M&A Execution
- DLP Program Execution
- Desktops: 2500 users in Canada + 1500 in US, 10 locations.
- Servers: 200 Windows/VMs, some RedHat Linux
- Cloud: mostly AWS - 40 Apps moved to cloud in the last year alone
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry with a broader understanding of Infrastructure technologies and IT operations
- Proven architecture and solutioning experience in End User Computing (desktop management like Intune, MDM, SSO, MFA;
- Server systems architecture – Windows/VM
- Strong experience leading business critical complex projects
- Windows Server exp (200 VM), Linux
- Advanced communication skills
- Industry certifications on Cloud and Agile Development big plus
- Cloud architecture experience preferably AWS big advantage
- Advanced knowledge of the business of the large Enterprise, the financial services industry preferred
- Experience in guiding cloud adoption
- Sound understanding of info security
- AWS /GCP /Azure
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 335044
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.