About the Company
Our client is a worldwide leader in the entertainment manufacturing industry. With offices around the globe, they push boundaries through innovation and integrity. The Director, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting will be the owner of the external financial reporting process as well as managing the review and assessment of all technical accounting issues.
Why Work Here
- Focus on building talent within the company
- Encourage cross-functional movement
- Great work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Lead compliance with regulatory requirements, including researching and providing guidance to the business on new technical accounting and regulatory issues
- Prepare/review the interpretation and application of complex accounting standards for the Company
- Work with various finance teams throughout the global business to implement new accounting standard
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements, MD&A and other financial sections of the Company’s Disclosure Material
- Lead the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial results presentations to the CFO and CEO
- Participate in the Company’s M&A process including due diligence accounting, disclosure, and post-acquisition integration
- Lead the continuous improvement process of the external financial reporting process.
- Support all projects under the Company’s digital transformation initiatives impacting external financial reporting and disclosure processes and controls
- Work in partnership with the VP, Global Taxation to ensure legal entity reporting and accounting for tax-related matters are properly assessed, reported, and disclosed both internally and externally
- Support the internal and external audit processes including directly managing the relationship with the external audit team
- 10+ years’ experience within a publicly traded (IFRS) company
- External financial reporting profile (MD&A, board reports, press releases, CFO decks)
- Industry experience: CPG (preferred) or tangible goods
$135,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30033.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.