About the Company
Our client is a leader in the real estate and construction industries. They are currently looking for a Director, Operations Finance who will be charged with building new financial and operational reporting infrastructure to scale the business, leading a high impact team and delivering best in class support to the construction operations, development, and sales and marketing teams to offer new insights and drive balanced decision making throughout the organization.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- One of the GTA’s Top Employers
- Exposure to Senior Executives and the opportunity to have an influence on the direction of the business
- Very stable industry and company
About the Opportunity
- Lead the ongoing development of enhanced reporting and budgeting infrastructure for both internal stakeholders and external business/joint venture partners
- Forge strong relationships with departments to provide thoughtful and comprehensive analyses, KPI’s and dashboards that assists in strategic decision making, capital raising and risk mitigation.
- Direct the development, implementation and updating of policies, procedures and internal controls to meet operational and management needs whilst ensuring compliance
- Working closely with project teams and department leaders to identify process improvement initiatives on project pro-forma flow and accuracy
- Ensure timely creation and consolidation of pro-formas from departments for all projects under construction and preparation of Estimated Costs to Complete (ECC) forecasts
- Support project teams in the preparation of quarterly pro-forma models and Capital Allocation Committee submissions
- Support the Acquisitions team through due diligence periods and ensure timely setup and onboarding for new projects
- Ensure proper finance representation on the Financial Model Template Control Committee to ensure suitability and optimization for all uses within the division.
- Accountable for supporting the successful implementation of new software (One-Stream, Procore etc.)
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure the ERP system is setup for compliance reporting and maintains strong controls over all transactions and reporting
- Partner with business groups to understand drivers and assumptions to improve forecasting accuracy as well as identify risks, opportunities and potential actions
- Oversees the monthly financial statement analysis process and preparation of financial reports to Partners.
- Deploy best practices and processes to make joint venture duties increasingly efficient and add value add to stakeholders (i.e. Development, External JV Partners, Executive Leadership, etc.)
- Build strong partnerships with the Development team, Tax and Treasury to create and implement high-quality reporting to proactively meet the needs of the joint venture partners while striving to apply consistency across varying joint ventures
- Oversight over all partner cash calls, distributions and billings
- Provide advice and guidance on all JV/Partner accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Key Liaison to Treasury in coordinating the setup of all project financing and on-going review / support of credit arrangements
- Ensure effective coordination and management of cost monitors and monthly draws
- Manage debt schedules, LC forecasts and cash requirements for all developments
- CPA, CA
- 8+ years of experience at different levels and in different roles in accounting, audit, FP&A, and financial operations
- 4+ years leading teams and in transformational roles – company transition, cultural change, etc
- Understanding of Joint Venture and Partnership Accounting from ASPE or IFRS perspective
$125,000 to $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #303281.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.