About the Company
Our client is a leading real asset management firm. They are currently looking for a Director of Tax who will be responsible for working closely with executive management to build out the tax function.
Why Work Here
- Amazing flexible culture
- Opportunity for future career growth
- A fantastic culture where people tend to stay over the long term
About the Opportunity
- Lead and oversee all tax requirements, including corporate tax planning and fund and investment tax requirements across the three business units – Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Equity
- Overseeing execution of the firm’s tax strategy to optimize tax efficiency for the firm and to best position our funds to deliver optimal after-tax returns to our investors
- Liaise with tax advisors to oversee tax engagements, filings and compliance with tax authorities in the U.S. and Canada
- Collaboratively work with tax advisors and the investments team to support tax due diligence on potential transactions
- Oversee all tax structuring on funds and investments to ensure the tax is minimized, compliant with tax authorities, and compliant with various fund documents
- Working with tax advisors, manage all tax due diligence questions from prospective LPs
- Set new processes to standardize tax reporting, returns, compliance, and payments in effort to automate and create efficiencies
- Keep up-to-date with proposed new tax legislation impacting the firm, its funds or its investments and assess impact of these change
- Other ad-hoc financial and tax analysis to support the firm
- Contribute new ideas to develop best in class processes and procedures
- Senior Manager level tax experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Financial modelling experience & training would be an asset
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
$160,000 to $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #336712.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.