About the Company
Our client is a leading producer in the natural resources industry. They are currently looking for a Director of Tax to play an integral role providing strategic tax leadership and executing our global tax strategies. Primary responsibilities include tax compliance, planning, and reporting.
Why Work Here
- Fast-pace, collaborative environment and supportive of professional development
- Company is growing steadily and the treasury team has involvement with various acquisitions and deals
- Strong culture - people tend to stick around with the company for the long run
About the Opportunity
- Oversee global tax operations including tax planning and strategy, international tax compliance, transfer pricing and tax accounting matters
- Provide tax technical direction, advisory and coordination in developing and implementing international tax strategies
- Manage relationships with tax advisors and consultants to assess tax planning opportunities
- Manage the compliance process, including filings for all federal, provincial, and mining taxes and filings in Canada
- Oversee tax compliance matters arising in international offices
- Lead the transfer pricing strategy for global operations and make recommendations on transfer pricing policies, manage and implement the execution of those policies
- Complete quarterly and annual tax provision calculations and determination of uncertain tax provisions in accordance with IFRS, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Oversee indirect taxation compliance matters
- Provide support and tax expertise for corporate development functions
- CPA with 10+ years of progressive Corporate Tax experience
- Completion of CICA In-Depth tax course
- Preference is larger global/international companies
- Experience with Canadian and International taxes
- Mining, Oil and Gas, or other capital intensive industries experience is a strong asset
Highly competitive and fully comprehensive Executive salary package which includes employee stock options.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #317666.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.