About the Company
Our client is a leading company supplying components to the automotive industry. They are currently looking for a Director of Tax to lead the corporate tax function, amongst various related tasks.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Very entrepreneurial culture, collaborative team environment and fantastic mentorship opportunities
- Values individuals who are hard-working with an entrepreneurial spirit
About the Opportunity
- Identify, analyze and implement tax planning strategies and opportunities for the company
- Lead on tax analysis, drafting recommendations by integrating risks and practical solutions and engage with outside tax and legal consultants as required
- Provide tax consultation on transactions and corporate reorganizations. This includes escalating significant issues for discussion with senior management working with external advisors to identify and minimize tax risks, and resolving complex tax issues
- Perform research and analysis on resident tax issues, sales tax matters and payroll tax questions
- Provide financial stewardship and be a trusted advisor to the leadership team on tax matters
- Develop and monitor transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Coordinate annual tax returns’ process across all jurisdictions, calculating financial statement tax provisions for monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting and coordinating all tax reporting including foreign reporting requirements
- Manage an internationally based external team of tax advisors efficiently and effectively
- Manage financial tax auditors, government income and commodity tax audits to resolve income tax, commodity tax and payroll tax issues and audits
- Provide tax consultation for all business units and functional areas across the organization
- Support Corporate Finance team with tax components of reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Provide general Finance guidance to support effective business operations and planning decisions
- Actively work with the Groups to identify tax risks and opportunities, and develop mitigation plans as required
- Liaise with Finance teams in the Corporate, Group and Divisional Offices to ensure an effective communication process
- Understand key risk areas and potential future impacts on the organization
- CPA (Any)
- Experience between 8-10 years
- Experience in Senior Manager positions (from Firm or Industry)
- Strong Corporate Income Tax background
Highly competitive and dependent on candidate experience.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29978.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.