Our client is looking for a Director IT Infrastructure and Operations responsible for the effective and efficient design and engineering of IT infrastructure used to support all business processes across the enterprise. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to corporate IT services.
About the Opportunity
- Fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by customer service and continuous improvement techniques
- Develops and controls the infrastructure annual operating and capital budget to manage expenses and capacity to balance optimum system performance vs cost effectiveness
- Stays up to date on emerging technology and trends and directs IT infrastructure and operations roadmap
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs
- Leads data protection strategy including business continuity, data discovery, system backups, storage, and archiving
- Responsible for leading network and IT security functions including analysis, design and validation
- Utilizes vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT Infrastructure and Operations team and staff. Works to ensure IT I&O team has the right people in the right roles at the right time. Ensures that associates are highly engaged and satisfied
- University degree in an IT-related discipline
- 10-15 years of IT experience
- 5+ years of successful IT leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of IT management best practices (ITSM/ITIL)
- Proven experience leading transformational projects (process/people/KPIs/SLAs, team culture)
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT infrastructure and operations staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy
- Excellent analytical, fiscal budgeting, strategic planning and execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and how other enterprises are employing them
$150,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27777.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.