About the Company
Our client is a leading technology company. They are looking for a Director of Internal Audit who will lead the Internal Audit function in managing audit engagements and activities.
Why Work Here
- Fantastic CRO who will be a leader to this role and mentor
- Great growth at the company organically and through acquisition
- Interesting scope and opportunity to scale in the position
About the Opportunity
- Support the CRO & Head of Internal Audit and oversee the operations and workflow of the Internal Audit (Assurance Services) group: Lead comprehensive risk-based audit program, influencing the audit agenda aligned to business risks and priorities.
- Recommend revisions and drive implementation of improvements in the Internal Audit (Assurance Services) departments strategy, operating model, and roadmap to support enhancing the function’s policies, procedures, and auditing techniques
- Provide a quarterly summary report for the executive management team and Audit & Risk Committee of the Board of function’s progress and progress against the annual Internal Audit Plan
- Manage, collaborating with external auditors, the completion of SOC / CSAE 3416 / CSAE 3000 audits to provide assurance to the company involving the supply of services, as per contractual commitments
- Plan and Schedule Audit Engagements: Influence the Annual Internal Audit Plan, along with the plan and schedule audits, and contribute to establishing work standards and procedures for the inspection and appraisal of financial, technological, and operational controls
- Direct / Execute and Evaluate Audit Engagements: Direct / Execute the audit process (incl. testing procedures) in accordance with audit guidelines and departmental standards and evaluate the audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against accumulated audit evidence. Prepare complex analysis to ensure audit findings are properly documented and audit evidence is sufficient
- Report and Communicate Audit Results: Produce and present audit reports and/or review audit reports detailing ratings, the severity of issues including risks, internal control deficiencies, practical and cost-effective risk mitigation recommendations, and improvement opportunities to control owners, senior management, and Executive Risk Owners
- Provide Post Audit Support: Monitor implementation of audit recommendations proposed by Internal Audit, as well as external auditors, to ensure management’s remediation actions have been implemented to mitigate risks
- Provide follow-up services to management and teams to assist in facilitating improvements and validate if issues have been sufficiently addressed and resolved.
- Provide training to management on internal controls, business risks, fraud, and other related topics. Promote high levels of ethical awareness
- Relationship Management: Develop effective relationships with clients/stakeholders (incl. co-sourced Internal Audit Services partners) to ensure high-quality audit services and maximize a collaborative approach to managing risks. Manage relationships with executives and staff across all stakeholders involved. These include IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Line of Businesses, and external stakeholders (e.g. customers, external auditors, co-sourced Internal Auditors)
- 10+ years of audit experience
- Knowledgeable in systems hardware and software processes and controls (e.g. COBIT)
- Knowledge of PCI DSS is an asset
- Proficient in performing IT audits
$150,000 - $165,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #327784.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.