About the Opportunity
- Oversee and control the Company’s monthly general ledger close and consolidation process, including the quality of the monthly financial reporting package provided to the Controller and the CFO
- Manage the Company’s U.S Securities and Exchange Commission and Ontario Securities Commission filing process, including the preparation, review of statutory Forms
- Act as key Finance business partner for Investor Relations, Tax, FP&A, and Legal. Oversee and review the financial statements of various legal entities and ensure all required statutory audits and reporting is completed on a timely basis In partnership with the Controller, lead the Company’s technical and complex accounting policy function and have overall ownership of the accounting log, including various technical accounting projects under U.S. GAAP and IFRS and drafting or reviewing accounting memos
- Manage the revenue recognition process, ensuring the proper application of IFRS and U.S. GAAP
- Partner with the Assistant Controller to manage accounting operations, identifying and implementing best practices and other process improvements
- Partner with IT and other Finance leaders to ensure continuous improvement the Company’s ERP application system, primarily the business planning and consolidation applications
- Manage the preparation of materials provided to the Company’s Audit Committee, including the tie-out process.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of the quarterly earnings release, investor presentation and CFO speaker notes.
- Manage and develop a finance team of four direct reports; many of whom hold a CPA designation
- Coordinate and manage all audit and review engagements with external auditors.
- Prepare and/or review ad-hoc analyses as needed
- 7+ years’ experience including a mix of Big 4 public accounting and public company corporate accounting experience as a financial statement preparer/reviewer
- CA or CPA designation
- Strong understanding of public company reporting requirements (including SOX 404), as well as working knowledge of IFRS
- Organized professional who can lead their team through the monthly and quarterly financial reporting processes in a timely and well-controlled manner
- Ability to assess existing processes and systems to identify necessary improvements to key control activities
- Hands-on team player, able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization including the CFO in addition to staff outside of the Finance group and external auditors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a finance team, develop staff, implement significant initiatives and drive toward exceptional performance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred . Skilled in facilitation, leading meetings, gathering input, providing praise and recognition
- Ability to prioritize challenges, competing interests; displays diligence in decision making that has risk and/or financial impact. Understands the factors influencing our business and can integrate the various competing needs
- to ensure success for their group. Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets
- Hands-on team player, able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization including the CFO in addition to staff outside of the Finance group and external auditors
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #387785.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.