About the Company
Our client is a leading manufacturing company in the plastics industry. They are currently looking for a Director of Finance, Americas, to take on a broad range of strategic operational activities to support the business in the Americas.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Culture is based on a “work hard, play hard” environment
- Many opportunities for advancement
- Well managed company with a large number of long-standing employees
- Fantastic leader and mentor that the role reports to, and will be very visible to the CEO and executive leadership
- Excellent long-term opportunities, great financial and career upside
About the Opportunity
- Specific accountabilities such as accounting and G/L, revenue recognition, invoicing, disbursements approval, etc.
- America’s customer invoicing and revenue recognition processes
- Internal Control (SOX) compliance for in-scope legal entities and global systems
- Work with Europe and Asia counterparts and Corporate on improving and streamlining the financial close processes
- Execute costing methodologies developed by Operations Finance
- Lead on key finance priority projects as assigned
- Ownership of local statutory audits and execution of work to support the overall consolidated audit where required Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Support on M&A and financial Integration activities in the Americas.
- Suggest and/or implement entity structure changes in Americas after corporate approval.
- Coordination of activities with External and Internal Auditors as well as other external consultants for items such as financial statement preparation, indirect taxes, compliance with changes in local regulations, etc.
- Manage and direct the Controllership functions within the Americas including the allocation of resources
- Maintain a strong system of internal controls to deliver complete, timely and accurate financial results.
- Evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of accounting and financial reporting processes
- Provide leadership and oversee finance strategic projects
- CPA designation
- Experience managing large teams
- Experience with full-cycle, month-end, management reporting
- Previous manufacturing experience is a strong asset
- Experience in Senior Manager positions and up (preferably at a region-level)
- Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset
$150,000 - $170,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29385.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.