About the Company
Our client is a financial services company. They are looking for a Director of Finance who will be providing strategic and technical leadership for financial and management reporting, business planning and forecasting, business initiative prioritization, tax reporting and financial administrative services for the organization.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Great collaborate team culture with a strong executive leadership team that leads by example.
- Company values employees who are passionate about education and accessibility to all.
- Management Reporting and Analysis
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of financial and management reporting for corporate legal entities
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve the management reporting and analysis across all business lines which are presented to senior management.
- Oversee preparation and development of quarterly management reporting and annual financial statements for presentation to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors, including but not limited to financial results, budgets, policy development and department improvements.
- Responsible for the research and implementation of new regulatory reporting standards and accounting best practices and ensures on-going compliance with IFRS and regulatory standards.
- Ensures the timely preparation and submission of all annual and periodic tax and regulatory information filings and addresses any tax and regulatory audits as they arise.
- Responsible for the effective execution of the annual audit process of the entities.
- Recommends and oversees the development of appropriate corporate financial policies, systems processes, controls, and reporting.
- Development of data analytics and reporting within Corporate Finance, by building key metric sets and data models as departmental objectives change and create reports to support proactive management decisions and a corporate Financial Data Analytics roadmap.
- Works closely with the IT group to determine the most appropriate systems that will support and facilitate the business objectives of Finance, while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Business Planning
- Responsible for the annual business plan process and development of appropriate operating and budgetary benchmarks for the organization to meet its objectives
- Responsible for the ongoing forecasting across the various business lines for presentation to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Provides financial and business support to senior management as required including recommendations to ensure business lines achieve their financial goals, new product development and profitability, development of corporate and branch manager’s bonus programs, analysis of capital and business acquisitions and integrated services, contract negotiations, or other business development proposals.
- Oversees the development of appropriate frameworks for business units to utilize regarding financial assessment and evaluation of all strategic business initiatives including new product development, marketing initiatives, strategic partnerships and capital expenditures.
- Collaborates with senior management on strategic and operational assignments and projects.
- Sales Compensation and Other Duties
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of the weekly sales compensation.
- Provide support to Sales, Marketing, Compliance and the sales force on sales compensation matters including but not limited to analytics and funding considerations.
- Review and approve biweekly employee payroll.
- Drive process improvement, automation, and documentation throughout the team.
- Lead team engagement activities.
- Back up Investment Finance Director on Cash and Treasury Management functions as required.
- Ad hoc assignments as required.
- 7-10 years of corporate financial experience; as the head of the function or second in- command
- Knowledge of data analytic tools including, Adaptive and PowerBI is an asset.
Highly competitive salary package which includes base, bonus, RRSP and other fantastic employee incentives!
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #367214.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role