About the Company
Our client is a healthcare entertainment organization. They are looking for a Director of Finance who will manage and support the Finance team, responsible for managing the Accounting and Financial Controls by working with the senior leadership team and providing information and financial analysis to support critical decision making.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- High growth company, potential international expansion
About the Opportunity
- Accounting, Financial Systems & Financial Controls
- Report financial and operational information to the senior leadership team, providing information and financial analysis to support decision-making as
- Effectively communicate, collaborate and build relationships with key business partners and the Leadership Team; employing results driven approach to providing
- Ensure that all financial reporting adheres to ASPE guidelines and that internal controls meet generally accepted auditing
- Review cash flow and purchasing forecasts, accounts receivable reports and authorize payables
- Assist and coordinate the annual operating and capital budgets and assist in the preparation of the annual business
- Manage the year-end audit process and relationship with external auditors, analyze results of the audit and develop process improvements based on the results.
- Assess and enhance financial systems, controls and automation to ensure maximum productivity to meet the needs of the business today and in the
- Maintain and develop internal controls and procedures to protect and safeguard the company’s assets.
- Responsible for the performance of the finance and accounting analysts providing leadership and development to ensure continued tale
- Management of Team
- Create a high performing team through recruitment, mentorship and management of talent. Create conditions that team members deliver results and realize their
- Create business and personal goals for team members to ensure alignment with overarching business priorities while ensuring individual
- Proven ability to set goals and conduct performance evaluations; to train and coach team members, including remote workers; and to make decisions regarding the selection, and termination of
- Ensure compliance with appropriate SOP’s, policies and
- Complete mandatory training in assigned timelines upon hire as well as when new policies, SOP's, guidance’s are
- Participate in personal development and training sessions as required for the
- Work in a safe manner that does not endanger yourself or co-workers. Report any health or safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Strive to consistently uphold the company’s core
- Execute other duties as may be required by Executive team members and other members of the company’s Management team as training and experience allow.
- Working Conditions and Environment
- Requires working in a normal business office environment
- May require frequent weekend and evening work
- Requires less than 10% travel annually
- 7+ years Progressive Accounting Experience
- Experience in a B2C Environment preferred
- Experience creating/ improving processes
$140,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #323765.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.