About the Company
Our client is a biologics company. They are looking for a Director of Finance who will be responsible for balance sheet integrity, accounting compliance, revenue recognition, audit support and other inputs to our financial statements and accounting framework/policy/process.
Why Work Here
- Be a part of a lifesaving industry
- Startup environment
- Company is expanding for building and scaling
About the Opportunity
- Lead the preparation of quarter-end and year-end working papers and close routines
- Ownership of various processes around AR, revenue, cash, and ERP system(SAP)
- Leadership for timely general ledger balance sheet account reconciliations with support from the accounting team
- Manage Support the Jr. Accountant and Accounting Manager
- Preparation of external financial reporting documents: financial statements
- Maintain/establish accounting policies, procedures, regulatory and legal requirements, and general industry practice.
- Focus on the implementation of processes/ tools/expertise to deliver services in an efficient/automated/scalable manner.
- Direct the preparation of quarter-end and year-end working papers and close routines
- Provide monthly/quarterly support to FP&A function by documenting complete and concise variance analysis into their working papers
- Recommend improvements for gathering, summarizing, and reporting financial information
- Leadership interface with company’s external auditors in annual audit and quarterly process performed by the Company’s external auditors
- Oversee monthly consolidated financial statement close process following US GAAP
- Support with the preparation of Accounting and Tax reports for regulators, governmental agencies, internal/external clients
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure the assets are properly recorded, amortized and disposed of as appropriate
- Communicate updates regularly and effectively to staff while setting clear and relevant goals; sharing constructive feedback & recognition on a consistent basis.
- Create a positive work environment and culture of respect for one another; lead by example; champion a positive, can-do culture in the team.
- 10-15 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial reporting role
- Pharmaceutical experience is a strong asset
$160,000 - $175,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #314611.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.