ARE YOU LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR AN EXCITING CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY AS A DIRECTOR OF FINANCE? Our client is looking for a hardworking professional to join their team for a 3 month contract.
Director of Finance - 3 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Reports to and receives functional direction from the General Manager
- Maintains internal/external contact with the Finance & Audit Committee, Board Members, Management, Staff, Members, Bankers and external vendors
- Manage all accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reports
- In collaboration with the General Manager, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Implement and monitor internal controls in accordance with established legal regulations and company policies and procedures with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
- Prepare and present financial information, budgets and forecasting for monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Work directly with operations to define, implement, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact Member quality and influence internal operating efficiency
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating reports for each department
- Audits financial statements and coordinates the year-end audit
- Coordinates with external auditors, audit committee, Board of Directors and Government audits
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis and reporting
- Support new systems or project selection and implementation of the same.
- Ensures rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms
- Assigns and authorizes cheques, purchase orders and invoices
- Hires, trains, mentors and supervises all accounting staff
- Provide strategic analysis required to drive and improve decision making
- Promotes and maintains positive corporate relations with the financial community
- Coordinates in collaboration with the General Manager annual insurance review and recommendations.
- Other related duties required or assigned
- Professional verbal and written communication skills along with exceptional human relations skills are vital for this role
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry is a strong asset
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software is essential
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and Local financial requirements such as pension, profit sharing, taxes, etc
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Experience in overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Analytical financial analysis and budgeting capabilities along with some strategic planning experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Management and or supervisory experience with experience in leadership roles
- Good project management skills and ability to motivate teams to work accurately in a timely manner
- Experience working with volunteer committees is an asset
- Ability to problem solve and make prompt decisions
- High level of critical and logical thinking and reasoning to identify underlying principles and facts
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Works well under pressure and capable of meeting deadlines
- Good organization, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Possess strong ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23956.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.