About the Company
Our client is an independent, partner-owned and client-aligned investment boutique. They are looking for a Director of Finance who will be focused on analytical work, oversight of their staff, managing relationships with vendors (investment fund administrator, outsourced accounting advisors, public accounting firm, etc) and business partnering to the CEO and other SVP's (institutional sales, etc.).
Why Work Here
- Growth of the firm
- Laid back culture at this firm
- Opportunity to grow to a VP level role as the company continues to expand.
- CEO is a rock star in terms of running and growing this business.
- Gorgeous office they just spent $2 million on renovating. Catered meals, full kitchen and bar, fantastic amenities.
About the Opportunity
- Develop, lead, and mentor a strong performing team of finance, accounting, and administration professionals
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures
- Liaison and oversee third-party service providers such as the Investment Fund Administrator, external auditors, and tax advisors
- Oversee the reporting process prepared by the third-party fund administrator which includes timely and accurate Net Asset Values and returns (daily), distributions (quarterly and annual) and other fund accounting output
- Streamline monthly and quarterly reporting requirements leveraging technology to automate key processes
- Act as a subject matter expert for accounting-technology projects and transformation
- Oversee and manage the account reconciliation process
- Provide analysis in support of corporate management and Board reporting, including required regulatory reporting
- Review and oversee tax (trust and corporate) returns and tax slips, corporate and pooled fund financial statements, and other reports
- Perform accounting and fund income and commodity tax compliance and reporting for investment vehicles in accordance with primarily domestic regulatory guidelines
- Compliance with IFRS and corporate accounting policies and internal controls
- Oversee and manage reporting to investors within regulatory timeframes
- Other duties as required
- Progressive experience in investment management/financial services, with at least 3 years of mentoring team members
- Vocal and a robust ability to influence as a change agent (investigate, advocate, advise, encourage, and manage)
- A strong desire for documentation and automation
$150,000 - $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #299167.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role