About the Company
Our client is a leading digital assets company within the financial industry. They are currently looking for a Director of Finance to assist upper management in developing and overseeing various strategic and financial initiatives for the company.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package (Stock Options, CPA Dues & CPD Credits covered)
- Join a team of ambitious and caring individuals
- A great growth-centric, exciting team culture
- A chance to make a difference in a growing company, with many exciting projects
- Flexibility in the work environment
- A focus on and support for professional development - the company values ongoing learning!
About the Opportunity
- Provide guidance and expertise in the area of Finance
- Consolidation of company-wide forecasts and budgets
- Produce and maintain quarterly financial reports
- Evaluate the organization’s funding plans and capital structure
- Monitor the company’s financial performance through analysis and forecasting
- Provide Executive Team with guidance on financial implications of decisions and conducts risk assessments
- Assist in developing and maintaining an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Provide accurate, timely analysis of budgets, financial trends, and budgets
- Decide on investment opportunities by evaluating cash and liquidity risks
- Prepare reliable current and forecast reports
- Manage vendor relationships
- Assist with capital governance process, facilitating quarterly capital reviews and yearly budgeting process
- Navigate financial compliance and reporting across multiple geographic entities
- Support Capital Raise - Series, A, B, C and potential IPO in the future
- Work closely with trading team on reconciliation and treatment of trade finance P&L
- CPA designation
- Experience within a Manager level position
- Experience with Financial Institutions & Financial Markets (audit perspective or industry)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience with IFRS
- Start up experience
- Experience in Blockchain or crypto industry is an asset
- Experience with ESOP and M&A is an asset
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29419.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.