About the Company
Our client is a growing real estate investment company. As a Director of Finance, you will be a key member of the Leadership Team, leading the functions of operational and corporate finance, accounting, internal controls, payroll and procurement.
Why Work Here
- President has 1/1 with all employees
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach
About the Opportunity
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial reporting, forecasting and variance reporting for operational, capital and corporate reporting to the various stakeholders
- Develop and implement accounting and financial management and procurement policies and procedures guiding day-to-day practices; oversee adherence and best practices
- Establish and maintain financial systems and controls
- Lead the annual operating, capital planning and budgeting processes
- Implement systems for the approval and reporting on capex expenditure
- Participate in all aspects of Yardi set up and utilization including controls and policies to govern access, approvals, rates, account codes, etc.
- Cash flow monitoring, forecasting and reporting for the business
- Participate in the capital planning process and business cases to support efficient capital allocation
- Complete all financial regulatory filings and audits for tax, regulatory and government agencies
- Liaise with vendors, support team and legal, to execute and maintain corporate and property level contracts on terms that optimize value and quality
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Participate in financial due diligence and underwriting of acquisitions
- Maintain positive relationships with lenders and the investment community, meeting the required reporting requirements and participation in financing and refinancing
- Implement systems and reporting to comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory obligations
- Implement and manage appropriate risk management, insurance and business continuity programs, systems and processes required to mitigate financial risk
- Implement financial controls, approval limits and an internal audit program, overseeing corrective action as required and reporting
- 8 years’ experience in financial management positions
- Related industry experience from Senior Living/Retirement, Multi-location real estate
- Full-cycle experience
$115,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28768.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.