About the Company
Our client is looking for a Director of Finance who will be responsible for the external financial reporting requirements of this organization. As a member of the executive leadership team this role will actively participate in all strategy and executive meetings. This is a hands-on role that leads a small team of corporate reporting accountants.
Why Work Here
- Great professional development opportunity
- Dynamic business with opportunities to get promoted or make lateral moves
- Flexible work hours and work from home available
- Respectable work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Act as a key leader within the corporate reporting team that provides technical accounting advisory to the business
- Provide mentorship and training to corporate accounting team.
- Act as external point-of-contact to external auditors, regulators, banking and other key external stakeholders
- Act as main oversight in corporate financial budgeting and planning activities for both cost and cash-flows
- Supporting the executive leadership in their treasury management responsibilities
- Act as key project leader in all internal controls improvement projects and documentation. Acting as a key figure in the management of organizations ERM framework.
- Collaborate with external accounting firm to ensure adherence to properly reporting and documenting all corporate tax requirements
- Manage the preparation of external financial statements and external MD&A
- Act as subject matter expert on all technical reporting IFRS matters
- CPA, CA Designation
- 5-7 Years of accounting or related experience at managerial level from industry
- Experience producing external consolidated financial statements and producing a bulk of the MD&A
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations within the GTA
$100,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26102.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.