About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the month-end close process, including the consolidation of results, and the timing reporting to all stakeholders.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, and completion of presentation materials with respect to monthly, quarterly, and annual operating results.
- Provide ongoing variance analysis of monthly performance against plan.
- Coordinate the planning for the annual financial audits ensuring they are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for completion of audited financial statements and note disclosures for four companies, including the consolidated parent.
- Manage the administration of the Company’s credit agreements, including the recording of principal and interest activity and the preparation of quarterly MD&A reports and Reporting Certificates.
- Oversee the preparation of materials for the quarterly Audit Committee and Board meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of all tax provision working papers and supporting documentation for the filing of corporate income tax returns.
- Ensure the timely filing of corporate and commodity tax returns for all Canadian and Irish entities and one US subsidiary and act as a liaison with external consultants for SR&ED claims.
- Manage treasury across several companies and three countries and three banks.
- Assess the impact of new accounting policies on the Company’s financial reporting and provides recommendations on appropriate accounting treatment.
- Participate in establishing transfer pricing policies for all intercompany transactions and maintain sufficient supporting documentation to ensure compliance.
- Serve as the financial liaison with the accounting team at the Company’s US and Ireland subsidiaries.
- Participate in supplier credit reviews. · Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- CPA designation, preferably “Big 4” trained.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- A working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Navision and D365.
- Experience with corporate income taxes and preparation of income tax provisions.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong attention to detail plus the ability to think strategically and understand the big picture.
- Experience in problem-solving, continuous improvement and root cause analysis.
- Highly organized with a results-oriented attitude. Flexible and adaptable and able to meet established reporting deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to manage and analyze large volumes of information effectively.
- Ability to present financial information clearly and concisely to senior management.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information effectively.
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables.
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset, but not required.
- Personal Attributes:
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment, and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities.
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross-departmental relationships to meet common objectives.
- Open and straight-forward in communications on all levels. Promotes communication of clear expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels.
- Comfortable providing timely and accurate feedback and support to their direct reports to motivate and develop them to their highest potential.
- Constantly evaluates self and strives for personal development, effectiveness and improvement.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #393936.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.