About the Company
Our client is a fully integrated commercial real estate advisory and capital firm. They are looking for a Director of Corporate Accounting who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of reporting and consolidated accounting for a portfolio of assets. This role will be based in Toronto or Calgary.
Why Work Here
- Lots of room for growth
- Interesting hybrid role with an excellent compensation package.
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Monitor annual reporting requirements to various stakeholders.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and annual budgets/long-range plans, including review of subsidiary forecasts/budgets prepared by supporting staff. Liaise with multiple departments within the organization with respect to operating results, acquisitions / dispositions, deliverables and deadlines. Assist with preparation of quarterly Board reports and annual budget reporting.
- Lead the team to execute the monthly and quarterly journal entries, account reconciliations and expense analysis. Make decisions regarding how to account for new and unique situations under IFRS and ASPE, as applicable.
- Develop a team of two managers and two accountants through active coaching and mentoring, setting objectives and talent management.
- Develop and maintain a best practice environment for the team and harmonize processes. Benchmark delivery standards and encourage a continuous improvement culture to meet or exceed those benchmark standards.
- Participate in government financial and taxation reporting requirements including review of GST and QST returns, assisting with annual corporate filings, and preparation of covenant calculations for the banks.
- Manage cash transactions associated with operating and development cash calls.
- Champion the interests of the Corporate Accounting team as we complete an upgrade of our existing Yardi ERP system and implement additional modules to increase our day-to-day productivity.
- Primary liaison with external auditors for annual audits.
- Collaborate with the accounting team of the parent company to ensure they are aware of all accounting / reporting matters, and that the monthly / quarterly results are submitted on a timely basis.
- Other ad hoc duties as require
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive corporate accounting experience
- Proficiency in Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) considered an asset.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Word.
$150,000 to $170,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #338676.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.