About the Company
Our client is a financial institution. They are looking for a Director of Accounting who will be responsible for effectively managing the Accounting Department in performing its financial reporting and tax filing functions and reports directly to the CFO.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- High level of exposure working with Senior Leadership, including the CFO
- Company offers personalized development and growth opportunities
- Monthly employee engagement/ recognition opportunities and events
- Manage the delivery of financials on a timely basis to management while ensuring data accuracy and completeness
- Manage the delivery of timely and relevant financial performance analysis for Senior Management
- Manage financial and managerial reporting to Parent Bank
- Supervise financial reporting and analysis to regulatory institutions (Office of Superintendent Financial Institutions, OSFI), Bank of Canada, and Statistics Canada
- Take a leading role to report and prepare the semi-annual payment to CDIC, Trust account disclosure by-law
- Review the calculation and report the monthly Expected Credit Loss balance to Senior management
- Review withholding taxes remittances and settlement with CRA
- Review and take a leading role for corporate income tax: prepare the monthly installment, calculate the monthly income tax, calculate the year-end tax due including thin capitalization impacts, and work closely with external reviewer for final filing (T2)
- Review and take a leading role for Indirect tax : prepare the quarterly installment or remittance for provincial taxes, prepare the GST returns, and work closely with CRA for final return (GST111 and GTS494),
- Report the client tax slip returns to CRA and follow-up any errors with CRA
- Review CRA account balance or Notice of Assessment for tax returns and communicate with CRA for any discrepancies
- Report and reconcile the non-resident taxes account (NR4)
- Supervise reconciliation work and support the follow-up for pending items
Other Accounting related work
- Take a leading role in the annual external Financial Audit process
- Prepare the audited financial statements with all disclosures
- Take a leading role in CRA audit for various tax matters
- Review monthly self-audit related to Accounting Department prepared by Associate
- Amend and update accounting and fair value policies and accounting guidelines on a regular basis
- Support CFO for the implementation of new accounting standards such as IFRS9, IFRS15 and IFRS16. Assess related financial reporting impacts and disclosure.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects to support CFO
- Respond to other stakeholders’ request such as Corporate Tax Information requested from Parent Bank or its auditors.
- Train and guide the team members
- Take an advisory role to other departments or branches for any accounting or tax matters
- CPA Designation
- 5-7+ years of Financial Reporting/ Full- Cycle Accounting experience in a similar capacity
- 1-2+ years of management experience (min. 3-4 direct reports)
- Previous experience within a Financial Indstitution
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #392969
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.