About the Company
Our client is a registered charity that focuses on matters relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal well-being. They are looking to hire a Director of Information Technology.
About the Opportunity
- The Director, IT Operations will be responsible for the organization’s entire IT operations, including infrastructure, networking, applications, cybersecurity and user support
- The Director will oversee an IT staff of 3, and have ownership of the IT helpdesk and ensure a high level of user satisfaction
- The Director will also oversee the relationship with the Managed Services Provider (MSP manages network, security, server patching, infrastructure)
- The infrastructure is currently hosted in the cloud, managed by the MSP
- There is currently a three year initiative to take remaining on-prem applications to the cloud (Financial ERP-MS Dynamics NAV, Fundraising CRM, HR platform), and the Director will have a strong hands-on role in project managing and implementing this, working with end users
- The Director’s focus will be on overseeing user support, project work, and end point device/PC/peripheral management
- Being able to delegate tasks to the internal IT staff and MSP is critical to this role, as well as being able to take business requirements and translate those into technical solutions
- 2 to 3 years of experience in managing a hands on service desk environment, including staff
- Able to manage IT budgets
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Managed a Citrix environment. Organization is a Citrix shop, they run Citrix virtual desktop and half of apps are cloud-based
- Exposure to managing Office 365, Sharepoint, Mitel Telephony is appreciated
- Exposure to Power BI, Power Apps (any reporting and data analytics skills appreciated)
- Certification in Business Analysis and Project Management appreciated
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30413.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.