About the Company
Our client is a leading software company. They are currently looking for a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, who will be responsible for managing and leading the corporate FP&A function of the company, providing business intelligence to business departments and reporting on KPIs.
Why Work Here
- Build the team
- Very collaborative and entrepreneurial culture
- Many opportunities to grow within this vertical or to take on opportunities in other areas of the business
About the Opportunity
- Prepare, analyze and interpret financial information needed for sound decision making
- Reporting packages and present materials for the Executive team and Board of Directors based on set schedules
- Transform raw data into meaningful information to create a transparent and compelling view of business performance
- Work closely with the c-level and senior executive team ensuring a deep understanding of what drives the profitability of the company and provide data driven analysis ensuring the achievement of financial targets
- Manage team of 2 with the goal of growing a high-performance team
- Contribute to the preparation of data driven analysis supporting the development and implementation of the business strategy
- Develop other models including those used for business cases for product and market expansion, intangible valuation, ROIC, standard costing, allocations, etc.
- Establish process for reporting and calculating variable sales compensation within our own tool
- Develop a detailed understanding of market size and competitive landscape for the various products and markets in which Varicent operates
- Produce competitive research and analysis, industry benchmarks and sector analysis
- Management, mentoring, and coaching of FP&A team, including working with Sales Operations and Project Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of detailed annual budget and mid-year re-forecast
- Contribute to the production of materials for the company’s principal lender
- Develop and report on financial and operational KPI’s focused on value drivers
- Establish relations with key managers to obtain business insight
- Provide Finance/Analytical support for financial audit
- Support the executive team and our Sponsors with ad-hoc projects as required
- Participate in analysis of M&A opportunities with data mining and analysis of targeted companies
- CPA or MBA are assets
- 7-10 years of progressive business, consulting, finance, and reporting experience in a management role
- FP&A experience within the software industry
$150,000 - $175,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30506.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.