About the Company
Our client is a well-established specialty retailer. They are looking for a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis who will be responsible for the successful leadership of all Decision Support and Financial Analysis functions in the Finance Department.
Why Work Here
- Close knit group, many long tenured employees; dynamic and positive team environment
- New initiatives and lots of interesting work and projects
- Company has grown & adapted well to changes in the current environment
About the Opportunity
- Lead the development of annual budgets (operating and capital), quarterly forecasts and multi-year projections: this includes appropriate vetting of information, development of key timelines and deliverables, communication of key issues with interaction and presentation to Executive team
- Provide Financial and operational analysis and value-added decision support to business initiatives and teams in understanding and optimizing their revenue potential, profit margins and capital deployment
- Provide Financial expertise in the development of business cases to support new initiatives and/or enhancements to current processes/products in addition to providing post implementation analysis of new initiatives
- Provide ad hoc financial planning and analysis; develop new reports through the management of information flow from the Data Warehouse
- Participate in the development of strategic business plans and objectives
- Lead and assess the areas of responsibilities by providing ongoing coaching and support
- Review monthly operational reports of each business location for sales and net margin
- Review post implementation analysis on new business initiatives to access actual results achieved vs. the results projected in the original business plan
- Maintain highest integrity with regard to the Company's financial accounting and reporting policies
- Provide strategic view of the real estate portfolio including leased and owned properties
- Manage the administration and legal components of real estate including critical dates, and contract analysis
- Manage the loss prevention team and ensure proper policy and procedures are documented and adhered to
- 5-10 years management experience in a business environment with multiple locations
- Experience with operational business analysis: ie. Scenario planning, financial modelling, business case analysis (business risks, opportunities, contract analysis), etc. *Dynamic*
- People management experience
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28224.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.