About the Company
Our client is a real estate developer. They are looking for a Director of Finance who will lead and oversee the revenue producing properties team, responsible for all accounting and financing of the company’s commercial and residential rental properties.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
Residential/Commercial Rental Portfolios
- High visibility role with an opportunity to partner with senior leadership
- Work for a best-in-class development company in Toronto
- They operate as a collaborative and progressive group
- The company is involved in many social, community, and environmental initiatives
- There are regular training and development courses for all employees
- Prepare quarterly reports for owners and partners for both portfolios
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for both portfolios
- Prepare annual financial statements for both portfolios.
- Coordinate year-end review/audits of the portfolios
- Distribute funds to owners/partners as required
- Work closely with operations to ensure all financial aspects of our portfolios are properly accounted for and up to date.
- Analyze trends in financial performance.
- Work with tax consultants on new property estimates/appeals
- Prepare year-end CAM statements for the commercial portfolio
- Manage commercial leases in Yardi including set-up of new tenant set-up in Yardi
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve controls and reduce risks associated with areas of responsibility.
- Help with all relevant credit checks required of prospective and existing tenants
- Accounting/reporting for residential investors (non-company’s owned) portfolio
- Source/arrange mortgages for commercial and residential properties,
- Coordinate lenders annual reviews of mortgages
- Prepare monthly cash flow for both commercial and residential portfolios
- Arrange/Coordinate property appraisals as necessary
- All accounting and reporting for our clients in-house Realtor.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Prepare cash flow
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- 15+ years of experience in full cycle commercial property and rental property accounting and property financing
- Extensive experience managing a team
$140,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #397585
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.