About the Company
Our client is a privately owned national financial services company. They are looking for a Director of Finance to be responsible for managing financial planning & analysis, treasury functions, public company external reporting, and business development projects.
Why Work Here
- Very good work-life balance and a very reasonable working culture
- Promotional opportunities
- Very entrepreneurial company backed by proven visionaries
About the Opportunity
- Develop forecast/plan for product profitability, annual budget, optimization of operating expenses
- Monitor forecast/plans against the actuals
- Build and monitor KPI in collaboration with the business line leaders
- Manage the treasury functions
- Cash management for multiple entities i.e. manage and monitor short-term as well as medium-term cash flow forecasts to actual
- Monitor capital requirements across entities
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial and tax strategies
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements
- Take lead on drafting MD&A and press releases
- Work closely with external legal counsel to manage all aspects securities laws
- Assist with board and annual shareholders’ meetings including preparation of agenda, coordination/distribution of materials and preparation of minutes
- Manage capital raise initiatives including public offering and private placement
- Develop and manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership and supervision to direct reports
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in Financial Services industry or directly from a Big 4 firm at the Senior Manager level
- Strong FP&A experience and exposure to IFRS
- Experience in financial modelling is an asset
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28177.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.