Director will focus on key priorities that include fiscal responsibility in navigating the capital budgeting process; establish an action and resource plan to support the growth initiatives; in addition, to engaging and motivating a team of administrative and unionized staff.
About the Opportunity
- Provides senior level leadership and oversight on the finance department activities including accounting, purchasing, insurance, banking and treasury, capital planning/budgeting, investing and financial reporting functions
- Strategic Financial Leadership: fosters strong relationships with key stakeholders to lead the strategic planning and future development and business growth of the Finance Division
- Provides expertise and guidance to the community (budget holders, directors, senior management) both within Canada and internationally, to identify and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action to address risk related activities that affect financial controls, service delivery, insurance and costs
- Accountable for maintaining and enhancing financial policies and procedures in compliance with legislative requirements while ensuring the accuracy and financial integrity of reporting data are protected and aligned with accounting and government standards
- Responsible for negotiating high-risk financial contracts (e.g. loans, financial agreements, banking services, collections/auditor services, etc.)
- Oversees appropriate financial controls and activities within the operations, subsidiaries or joint ventures abroad, not limited to: Dubai, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Australia
- Manages all aspects of staff productivity and performance including - hiring, performance management, performance development, and administration
- Identify, recommend and deliver on best practices through projects that will enhance overall efficiencies of business functions and processes
- Four (4) year degree and CPA designation
- Masters (MBA) is nice to have
- Minimum 12 years of progressive experience with proven senior leadership experience in Accounting/Finance
- Public sector (e.g. hospital, school board, etc.) and/or college/post-secondary accounting standards/financial reporting (PSAB) experience is highly preferred
- Possesses a high level of honesty, integrity and respect
- Proven strategic planning, project leadership and relationship management skills
- Adept with of financial information systems and implementing new technology
- Strong demonstrated ability to develop and manage positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders inside and outside
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Proven experience in Human Resources management activities including: hiring, performance leadership, organizational effectiveness and administration
$115,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26185.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.