About the Company
Our client is one of Canada’s largest real estate companies, specializing in the healthcare industry. They are looking for a Director, Corporate Accounting to lead the reporting and analysis, consolidation of company-wide financial results, preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements as well as various finance projects and initiatives, oversee financial systems and partner with other functions in analytical support.
Why Work Here
- Office is very relaxed and friendly, very collaborative and supportive
- Highly visible position with lots of interactions with business leaders
- Most Admired Corporate Cultures in Canada
About the Opportunity
- Lead the Corporate Accounting team in all aspects of corporate accounting and reporting
- Partner with Operations Finance to ensure that the monthly operational results are accurate on a consolidated basis and reported within prescribed timelines
- Prepare and review quarterly Financial Statements, MD&A and other external reporting for presentation to the Senior Executive Team, Board and all external stakeholders
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process for the corporate office (G&A) and projects
- Address emerging accounting issues and implement new IFRS accounting guidelines within Finance processes and systems
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and applicable federal and local regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting
- Own internal controls within Corporate Accounting processes
- Oversee and administer the organization’s financial reporting tools and systems
- Lead the Finance team and the IT department in the implementation and upgrades of systems and technologies as they relate to the accounting function
- Drive initiatives to promote streamlined processes, automation, operational efficiency and enhanced internal controls
- Manage and execute on various financial projects and initiatives
- Act as the business partner for supporting support services functions in their variance analysis on a monthly basis
- Prepare annual operating plan for the corporate office
- CPA, CA
- 7 years of experience; at least 4 years in public accounting followed by at least 3 years with a public company in a leadership role
- IFRS or US GAAP
- Financial Reporting (month end, financial statement prep)
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29111.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.