About the Company
Our client is a well-established Canadian bank. They are looking to add a Director, Advisory & Assurance to join their highly motivated and dynamic team supporting the company.
Why Work Here
- Lots of interaction with each member of the team and with partners across the business
- Very collaborative culture
- Reasonable work-life-balance
About the Opportunity
- Manage and drive risk-based audits and advisory projects within a dynamic environment by working with an integrated audit team and applying a multi-faceted approach to engagements. Work within professional auditing and accounting standards.
- Oversee the preparation of audit reports with findings and recommendations; present and discuss the reports with Management.
- Use critical thinking for problem solving, risk identification and recommendations.
- Follow up with the business for process improvements, cost saving opportunities and value added Management Action Plans to address the identified findings to reduce risk across the organization.
- Assist the Director with the preparation of all reporting required to management and the Audit Committee based on audit findings.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and colleagues.
- Conduct research of new and emerging issues and best practices in risk assessment, auditing and accounting.
- Analyze audit results to help better understand, communicate and evaluate any significant internal control, accounting or operational business issues.
- Conduct opening and closing meetings with Management.
- Able to make sound and appropriate decisions to move the review forward when a challenge or setback arises
- Oversees the team resources and works closely with Managers to efficiently ensure engagement objectives are being met during the timelines established
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years of experience in banking/financial services, including credit and debit card operations
- 5+ years of audit experience
- Experience with the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), in areas such as anti-money laundering (AML) and capital adequacy (ICAAP), outsourcing of business activities (B-10) and the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
$130,000 to $150,000year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 321690.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role