About the Company
Our client is a well-established insurance services company. They are looking for a Director, Accounting Policy to provide leadership on the IFRS 17 initiative, oversee the organization’s regulatory reporting function, implement new accounting standards and recommend best practices.
- Above average total compensation
- High level of exposure to senior leadership
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Lead IFRS 17 initiative
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards/pronouncements
- Oversee the regulatory reporting function, which includes monitoring IFRS 17 QIS submissions, submitting the IFRS 17 project status reports and upcoming changes to the P&C-1
- Monitor OSFI, FSRA, ATI and other regulators’ publications
- Periodic review and assessment of the company’s adherence to regulatory reporting standards
- Support the finance department with the drafting of new accounting policies and updating/reviewing existing policies
- Analyze internal procedures and provide recommendations on best practices
- Support the year-end audit process
- 10 + years of related experience in the financial services industry
- Technical accounting policy experience
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26955.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.