About the Opportunity
- Coordinate review of customer credit lines; ensure they are completed according to the credit policy and procedures. Continuously monitor assigned customer accounts to ensure timely payment and employing various techniques to encourage prompt payment
- Collaborate with Claims and Commercial to resolve outstanding items, disputes or to provide additional information requested by customer; Lead the resolution of larger issues by consolidating data and providing detailed analysis to the various stakeholders for timely decision making.
- Lead reviews of customer accounts with each of the Commercial Market Segments on a quarterly basis. Support segments with more detailed analyses upon request to facilitate account clean ups.
- Lead relationship with credit insurer to maximize insured values and minimize credit risk. As required, notify insurer of overdue accounts and process claims through to resolution.
- Coordinate and lead cash application process and design ongoing training sessions and documentation to support team.
- Support bi-monthly TSR (True Sale of Receivables) process and ensure reports are filed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and modify DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) forecasting model
- Develop, maintain, and improve SharePoint sites for each market segment; report on established KPIs
- Support Manager, Treasury Operations with special projects.
- Education and Experience:
- University Degree – Preferably in Business or Accounting
- Accounting Designation or an MBA would be considered an asset
- 3+ years of related job experience
- Working Knowledge of SAP’s Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERPs) would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs. Proficiency in Power BI, Power Automate and SharePoint would be considered an asset.
- CCP (Certified Credit Professional) or equivalent certification, or progress towards such certification will be considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the various aspects of finance theory, information systems and control practices as they relate to Treasury and Credit (e.g. risk management instruments, financial statement analysis, Credit terminology and metrics etc.)
- Ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data, identifying trends and anomalies, and offer recommendations based on key findings.
- Capable of completing complex financial calculations, offer recommendations based on results and implementing proposed process changes.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and expertise on how to link underlying data to accounting and cash flows and makes well-reasoned recommendations and process changes based on this analysis.
- Uses full range of advanced Excel features and techniques that are relevant to completing financial analysis.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of treasury systems and process workflows. Understands links between different functions in SAP and leverages this knowledge to continuously improve processes and controls. Ensures process documentation is current and being followed.
- Ability to solve more complex problems in SAP and to lead localized business system support efforts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and relationship building ability (both internal and external) that promotes a two-way dialogue.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze problems from many angles in order to apply a broader context to work.
- Promotes sharing of expertise and knowledge within the team.
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #392252.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.