About the Opportunity
- Obtain and assess credit / financial information for potential and existing clients through direct contact with banks, trade references, credit agencies public records an analysis of financial statements
- Update credit terms and structure in various financial systems
- Prepare credit reports with detailed analysis and recommendations for management approval and as per Livingston’s credit policy
- Collaborate closely with the accounts receivable management team communicating and executing risk strategies to improve and sustain accounts receivable performance and minimize bad debt
- Complete the set up of billing reports and payment arrangements for clients as required
- Determine amount of security deposits required where applicable, and coordinate the receipt, transfer and record keeping of security deposits for client accounts
- Establish proper corporate relationships among client accounts to keep track of credit risk concentration.
- Verify the integrity and validity of various types of security provided by clients
- Keep updated credit files for all clients
- Liaise with account management/service coordinators and clients to negotiate and communicate credit/terms decisions
- Assist cross functional teams and participate as a SME on projects and other initiatives as required.
- Conduct periodic credit reviews for existing client accounts in compliance with Livingston's credit policy. Monitor alerts/releases and take appropriate action
- Process changes in corporate names and/or ownership and assess their impact on credit risk. Approve or seek credit approval as required
- Accountable for management and reporting of insolvencies and other customer initiatives under Canadian and US bankruptcy regulations and laws
- Liaise with trustees, monitors and solicitors for an orderly processing of Livingston's claims on all insolvency proceedings
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in similar credit department with experience in credit management of a varied customer base in the small, medium and enterprise market segments;
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Business and acceptable credit risk management accreditation or similar experience
- Excellent analytical skills with complex financial statements and reporting; credit data; operational variables and impacts of various credit structures to financial metrics
- Experience and understanding of accounts receivable management an asset
- Experience working with ERP systems and Microsoft office with emphasis on data management (Excel – v look ups, pivot tables and more)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent Communication and negotiation skills and comfortable providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27429.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.