ARE YOU LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR AN EXCITING CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY AS A COST ACCOUNTANT? Our client is looking for a designated professional to join their team for a 5 month contract.
Cost Accountant - 5 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Cost Accountant will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve the product costing process and bill of materials within the factories. Ensure they represent and drive factory processes
- Ensure integrity of inventory systems and reporting including monitoring and ensuring awareness of product freshness
- Support manufacturing managers to understand the decisions they make around process and costing and the effects on financial performance
- Participate fully in continuing development of room reporting tools and take part in regular review updates with factory and room managers
- Work with other members of the Manufacturing Finance team and manufacturing managers to improve KPI’s to highlight success and areas for development
- Provide leadership/coaching to develop skills and build capacity within the infrastructure projects, supply chain and business unit teams. Contribute to these teams and associated projects
- Contribute to the end of the month and end of year financial statement preparation
- Liaise with auditors on preparing related working papers and lead sheets
Why Work Here:
- Competitive compensation package
- Global development and growth opportunities
- Opportunity to be part of a progressive company and proactive Finance support function
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Cost Accountant, working within a manufacturing environment
- Hold a professional accounting designation (CPA preferred)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment to achieve deadlines
- Proactive, quick on your feet and the ability to see the big picture
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and also enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment
$30 - $37/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24129.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.