About the Company
Our client is a leading company in the lumber manufacturing industry. They are currently looking for a Cost Accountant to be responsible for the cost accounting function of the firm and ensuring the accuracy of inventory records amongst various related tasks.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Open door policy gives a small-company feel within a very large organization
- Strong camaraderie within all different groups of the organization, everyone is always happy to assist various departments with their initiatives
- Good work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Update and maintain standard costs and rate models
- Regular analysis of production variances, planned material prices, standard production activity rates, and overhead allocation rates
- Prepare proposed updates with input from Operations and Procurement teams
- Coordinate updates to planned material prices, production activity rates, and overhead allocation rates in SAP with the Accounting Manager and Master Data Team
- Prepare, analyze, and post costing runs in SAP
- Provide guidance to Master Data and Operations teams with Bill of Material and Routing setups
- Participate in the budget/forecast processes by calculating planned costs, performing analysis as needed, and providing cost estimates to the Financial Analyst
- Regular review of inventory records to ensure accuracy, perform analysis to reconcile any discrepancies
- Posting of complex / non-routine inventory transactions as needed
- Participate in periodic physical inventory counts by assisting with coordination, providing administrative support, and performing variance analysis
- Perform account reconciliation and analysis
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Participate in the month-end / quarter-end / year-end processes by performing tasks as assigned
- Assist during internal/external audits by responding to queries from auditors and providing documentation as requested
- CPA or close to completion (CGA/CMA)
- 3+ years of SAP experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Manufacturing Industry
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills is an asset
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29991.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.