About the Company
Our client is a recognized leader in their field within the manufacturing space. They are looking to add a Cost Accountant to their finance team who will be responsible for the job costing system and supporting sales, purchasing and other functions by providing meaningful analyses with regard to inventory management, manufacturing costs and various costing projects.
Why Work Here
- Family oriented, lots of different social events - team building, BBQs, golf events, dinner/dances, family bowling
- Challenging, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Mix of long-standing team members, some up to 40 years, but in recent years, due to growth there are newer team members
About the Opportunity
- Analyze actual production costs and investigate manufacturing variances
- Maintain and improve job costing system to accurately model and predict profitability
- Provide management with reports identifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products/customers
- Perform cost benefit analysis for changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided
- Support business partners through data collection and analyses related to inventory, manufacturing costs and other expenditures
- Work closely with production and warehouse to monitor, track and improve physical inventory count process and inventory management
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP system through analysis, internal audit and coordination with inventory control, production and other functional teams
- Propose changes to improve productivity and efficiency with supporting data and analyses
- Make recommendations for ERP system and internal control process
- Assist with month-end close activities including journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and related financial reports
- CPA (in progress), ACCA
- 3-5 years experience with inventory management, job costing within the manufacturing industry
- Advanced excel
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28565.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.