About the Company
Our client is a well-established private company who is a major supplier for the building industry. They are looking for a Corporate Controller to be responsible for the management of the finance department (Accounting, AR, AP, Internal Audit) with an emphasis on matters including the financial reporting and control.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to join a growing organization, continuously looking for ways to expand and improve
- Be a true business partner within the company. Partner with sales, marketing, operations and make a difference.
About the Opportunity
- Provide coaching and direction to the team members in the general accounting department as it relates to but not limited to performance management and talent development
- Assist in the development and monitors cash management and forecasting systems
- Manage ongoing cash requirements ensuring sufficient cash resources to meet obligations
- Oversee management of debt portfolio
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements including responsibility for the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and other disclosures
- Ensure Senior Director of Finance is up to date on all current and emerging accounting issues and their impact on the financial reporting for the Company
- Assist in developing the financial strategy and planning, including the management and development of policies and procedures, systems and processes
- Overall responsibility for external audit processes
- Implement and maintain control procedures over the financial reporting process
- Maintain effectiveness of internal control procedures
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements for management’s certification over controls
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating and financial forecast process, including consistency with overall financial objectives
- Continuously focus on financial reporting process improvements and optimization
- Overall responsibility for accuracy consistency and timelines of financial reporting
- Maintain corporate awareness over controls.
- 7-8 years of well-rounded, controllership experience (full cycle, AP, AR,, treasury, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Exposure to audits (Experience in internal audit, working with external auditors, identifying process and control improvements in past roles, etc.)
$110,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30167.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.