About the Company
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry. In this role you will have the opportunity to work for an excellent boss and develop professionally with the organization over time. They are looking for a Corporate Accounting Specialist to focus on financial reporting/accounting and policy research.
- Amazing collaborative culture
- Great work/life balance
- Always interesting and challenging projects on the go
- Work for an excellent boss and a great group of professionals
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and review consolidated accounting and reporting, while validating compliance with IFRS
- Identify and assist with resolution of corporate accounting process issues to create efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute and support IFRS projects by assessing the impact of new standards, prepare accounting policy papers, establish and implement new processes to capture required data, and revise disclosure requirements in financial statements
- Research, recommend, implement, and document accounting and related disclosures for mergers, acquisitions, and/or divestitures
- Acting as the primary contact for senior management on consolidated accounting issues and for external auditors during quarterly reviews
- 5+ years of accounting/financial statement preparation experience
- Strong IFRS experience with an ability to write technical memo's and do accounting policy research
- Insurance industry experience is an asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26866.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.