About the Opportunity
- Assist in month end/year end close activities for all US and Canadian entities
- Manage all credit card reconciliations
- Manage contractor and off-shore office payments and reconciliations
- Complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations for assigned entities and accounts
- Complete daily bank reconciliations
- Manage rent and lease data entry and schedules for all US and Canada leases
- Remain the guardian of the company's Accounting policies and procedures
- Review all expense data entry by AP to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Support capex management and reconciliation process
- Assist with yearly capital planning process
- Prepare support for month end accruals and accruals vs actual analysis
- Support yearend audit as required
- Participate in new technology implementations
- Ad hoc projects
- Post-secondary education in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Professional Accounting Designation (or in Progress)
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software (Netsuite preferred) and excel
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to successfully perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effectively apply organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload, to problem solve, and to adapt to frequent interruptions and change.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy a team-work environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines with attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Confidentiality and good judgement.
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and accountable.
$65,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383437.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.