About the Opportunity
- Assist with daily operations of corporate accounting functions, including journal entries and maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, cash, fixed assets and third party debt and equity transactions.
- Record and reconcile intercompany transactions including cash transfers, investments, distributions and management fees and maintain the intercompany accounts.
- Process and review monthly monetary revaluations.
- Record and reconcile daily bank transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations, working papers and journal entries including accruals, prepayments, amortization, and other entries as required.
- Analyze variances from budget, forecast and prior period to provide commentary.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues regarding the monthly financial results and liaise with various finance teams as required.
- Prepare HST returns and initiate payments for HST registered entities in Canada.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Provide assistance to external and internal auditors as required.
- Assist with special projects and other ad-hoc requests, as required.
- Continuously develop and implement process improvements, system automation, and other best practices to increase efficiency and accuracy of the corporate accounting function.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a corporate accounting function.
- Experience in a large corporate/publicly traded organization and/or in a multi-currency environment is preferred.
- CPA designation or CPA program substantially completed is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager 7s is an asset.
- A self-starter with good interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build relationships within their team and across departments.
- Fast learner, ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize in multitasking environment demonstrating resilience, passion and commitment to deliver and be accountable for the results.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #373396
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.